On 26 March 2017 our community will take to the streets of our village in a peaceful rally against the proposed KUR-World development.
Our resident survey data extract of over 400 residents – shown below – is an early indicator of an overall UNFAVOURABLE opinion of the KUR-World proposal.
WHAT CAN YOU DO?
- Print the rally poster and hang it – click here to download
- Save the date – put 26 March on your calendar and remind others to do the same. Share via Facebook and email.
- Start talking with friends and family about meeting up to walk together
- If you have children – rallies can be great fun! Start getting your decorations organised.
- Are you are creative type? Do you have costumes or decoration ideas for the rally?
- Face painters please step forward if you have time to help on the day
- Chant STOP KUR-WORLD. NO CHANGE OF LAND-USE.
- Decorations like banners, bamboo signs, fern leaves, etc. Think natural materials – not synthetic.
- Can you help with simple tasks on the day, ie. helping community members sign the official petition, setting up, packing up, etc
- Megaphones for the walk – we will take good care of them
- 2 peaceful horses to lead our rally with riders Leah and Eleanor
SEND US YOUR CONTACTS
- Sunday 26th March 2017
- Meet near Skyrail carpark at 10.20am, for start at 10.30am
- At 10.30am we will walk from Coondoo St. to Centenary Park
- Watermelon slices on arrival
- Speakers and entertainment