KUR-World: ‘Kuranda Region Have your Say’ Email
The press of ‘urban sprawl’ has happened to our region before – and we fought and won to remove the ‘Myola Precinct’ from our local plan.
The Kuranda Environlink and Fairyland Corridors – where we live and work – must be protected from concrete built environments and the massive human population proposed with KUR-World sardine-style urban subdivision.
To allow this proposal to go ahead will MOST CERTAINLY lay waste to the rainforest connectivity of our region (we’ve cleared over 50% of these forests already) and add more pressure to the Great Barrier Reef ecosystem via land-water on the Barnwell 626ha – 100% catchment for tributaries that flow to the Barron River, and to the sea.
Our Kuranda Region communities have both the right – and the obligation – to ‘Have our Say’ about the KUR-World proposal as it will affect life-as-we-know-it in the Kuranda Region forever.
Ken Lee purchased 626ha of historically zoned Freehold land in a private sale in 2014. Now we have a $650 million proposal – without any PUBLIC CONSULTATION FROM MAREEBA SHIRE COUNCIL – that will inject mega-tons of concrete plus 4000 additional humans.
Our Local, State and Federal governments want to hear what you think about that!
Read what others in our community have sent, click here
Use the form below to send your message about KUR-World to:
- Tom Gilmore, Mayor Mareeba Shire Council
- All Mareeba Shire Councillors
- Craig Crawford, Member for Barron River
- Rob Pyne, Member for Cairns
- Anthony Lynham, Minister for State Development and Minister for Natural Resources and Mines
- Annastacia Palaszczuk, Queensland Premier
- Greg Hunt, Federal Environment Minister
- Stuart and Mandy Ricketts, Urban Sync (Town Planner for Ken Lee)
- Ken Lee, Barnwell 626ha 12 Rural Titles Private Freehold Owner
- Kuranda Region Planning Group
- Tourism Kuranda