Multiple reports from adjoining residents indicate a lot of material was burned.
There are two reports of ‘burning rubber’ – one explained by the tractor fire in FEB 2016
* Permits requested from Rural Fire Service 23 Dec 16
Rural Fire Service provided confirmation of the following permits on BARNWELL 30 JAN 2017:
- 11 DEC 2015 – 11 JAN 2016
- 19 JAN 2016 – 19 FEB 2016
* Fires reported by community appear to be within the permitted dates.
IMAGES: Click for larger version
The Fire and Rescue Service Act 1990 is the principal legislation that deals with lighting fires in the open in Queensland. The Fire and Rescue Service Act 1990 makes it illegal to light a fire without a ‘Permit to Light Fire’ issued by a fire warden.
You must not light a fire if :
- More than 2m, without a permit from the QFRSA
Lighting a fire that is subject to a prohibition or restriction may result in the issue of a $569 fine
Council Officers may issue a $569 fine to the person responsible for lighting the fire or alternatively to the property owner.
SOURCE: Lighting Fires Fact Sheet.pdf